Buried
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Buried

After World War III, the toxic waste that was left behind had seeped into the animals minds, making them lethal beyond repair. Careful where you walk, because here and now, you need to answer this one question: Prey or Pray?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frequently Asked Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carbon

Frequently Asked Questions Empty
PostSubject: Frequently Asked Questions   Frequently Asked Questions EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 6:06 pm

How do I subscribe/unsubscribe to topics?
1. While logged in, go to your User Control Panel at the top right of your screen.
2. On the left side, click Board Preferences.
3. The left menu will change accordingly. Click Edit Posting Defaults.
4. Notify me upon replies by default: Make sure No is checked, click Submit.

The chat says notice: You have recieved a new message! but there is no message.
This is what we call a "ghost message." These are harmless notices that happen every once in a while. At this time their cause is unknown.

Why is the chat laggy today?
When the server is laggy it most likely means UD is punching around and fixing bugs and errors for us. The lag should go away.

How do I change my username on chat?
You may only change your Username once every 30 days.
1. Log into Wolfhome.
2. On the map screen, hover over My Account.
3. Change Username.
Note: Be sure to read all information provided before submitting your name change.

I have a bunch of questions on using the forum, where do I look?
When logged in, look toward the top right corner. You will see a FAQ Button, go ahead and click there. If you've looked there and still can't seem to find what you're looking for, please post in this forum or PM a Forum Administrator or Moderator. A list of forum admins and mods can be found in this thread.

The username I want on the forum is taken, but they haven't used it. What do I do?
The most appropriate thing to do would be to PM a Forum Administrator.

I have a delta issue, what do I do?
If you are experiencing any kind of delta problems, please send a Problem Ticket explaining in detail the situation you are having. Alphas check these frequently and will be able to resolve your problems accordingly.

How do I change my chat password?
You can also do this while in a room on Buried by clicking the Info button under the chat field bar.
1. Log into Buried.
2. On the map screen, hover over My Account.
3. Edit Profile.
4. There should be a Password field for you to type your new password. You will need to enter it a second time in the next field, Enter it again to verify. Once you click Save your new password will be applied. Be sure to remember what you change it to so that you can login easily.

Can admins see whispers?
No. The only time a whisper is seen is if an alpha must perform a log check, which only happens on extremely special occasions where logs are entirely necessary to retrieve. Only alphas can check logs and this information is kept private - the administration will never invade or breach anyone's privacy by any means.

My account closed due to inactivity. Can I re-open it and still have my poses?
Sadly no. Inactive accounts are deleted after 30 days of no activity to free up server space. You will need to make a new account and start fresh. Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve poses or rooms once an account has been removed. To avoid this you may want to consider saving your poses to your hard drive or on an image hosting site, just in case.

The chat name I want is "unavailable" but when I sniff them the account doesn't exist.
Sometimes bans last a long time (even permanently!) and when an account is banned, the name becomes unavailable. If you desire a name on chat and can't obtain it, making a Problem Ticket may result in the name being made available again for use.
Note: Sometimes there are reasons names are not freed up in which we would not be able to disclose. We apologize if this causes you any inconvenience.

I have missing poses!
This is easily fixed by accessing the bodyshop with the !go poses command in chat, or from the map. Simply click the save button and wait patiently while Buried recolors your default set for you. You should then find your missing pose issue resolved.

I can't get into a room because it won't load! I get a black/white screen or an error message.
1. Sometimes Buried has compatibility issues with certain browsers. This means Buried doesn't work correctly on them. Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer are the two browsers which work with Wolfhome. Opera, Chrome, Netscape etc, are not recommended to be used at this time, as they may cause you to experience issues. Keeping browsers up to date is important! Make sure to update your Javascript and Flash regularly.

2. You may need to empty your cache/cookies. To do this, open your browser and press ctrl + shift + delete. Make sure "cookies" and "cache" are checked, then press OK. Restart your browser and you should be able to access the chat. Be sure to click here and check out this thread - it contains hints and tips on how to make sure your cookies and flash are set up right. It's very simple to do and should only take a minute or so.

If updating, changing your browser, and emptying your cache has not worked, feel free to make a thread in the Technical Support section. Be sure to leave details of your antivirus software (name and version) and any other information about the problem you have.

There are 11 people in a room, yet the room is full. Why can't I enter?
People logging onto more than one chat at a time may cause this. You may have to wait until the room goes down to 10/12 for you to be able to enter successfully.
Back to top Go down

Frequently Asked Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Buried :: Messages For The Administration :: Questions For The Administration-
Jump to: